Sunday, February 7, 2010

grace in scripture

i always try hard to listen to God's word at church and to try to find within it a message for me.  however, i love the weeks when i don't even have to try: it's just right there in my face, refusing to be ignored!  today's readings, for example...

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?" "Here I am," I said; "send me!"
-Isaiah 6:8

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been ineffective."
-1 Corinthians 15:10

Jesus said to Simon, "Do not be afraid; from now on you will be catching men." When they brought their boats to the shore, they left everything and followed him.
-Luke 5: 10-11



i'm in the midst of a job search.  i've spent the last two years working toward a degree so that i am qualified to serve in the ministry to which i feel called.  now it's time to find the place that is the best fit: where their needs match up with my gifts.  it's a tough time.  it's a time of uncertainty, of questioning, and of faith.  i have to believe that God has given me grace i don't deserve and called me by name to serve his people.  i will not be afraid.  i will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment