Thursday, January 13, 2011

grace in a new year

it's hard to believe i've been keeping this blog for a year now!  i remember starting it when i was home last year for Christmas vacation, and now here we are, starting anew yet again.  my favorite part about january is the hope that comes with new beginnings.  the chance to start over, do better, be more of who we are meant to be.  of course, we don't have to wait for january for a fresh start.  our loving God offers it to us any time we truly desire it.  he knows how perfectly imperfect we are and loves us all the same.  for me, in this coming year, 2011, i hope to really work on developing healthier eating habits, exercising on a regular basis, and managing my budget well enough to actually start saving.  i plan to continue this blog, not so much for you (although i hope those of you who read it do enjoy it), but because it is a great way for me to really try to seek God on a daily basis, and in everyday occurrences where he might otherwise go unnoticed.  on bad days, i love looking back on all of the ways God has graced my life- and realizing how blessed i am- when i open my eyes to see it!  with this new year came a massive snow storm- more snow than i've ever seen in my life!  talk about a chance to start fresh!  

No comments:

Post a Comment